Price Minus is an extension/plugin for browsers which presents advertisements associated with the user’s search and internet activity.
Symptoms and behaviors
- Advertising banners are injected with the web pages that you are visiting.
- Random web page text is turned into hyperlinks.
- Browser popups appear which recommend fake updates or other software.
- Other unwanted adware programs might get installed without the user’s knowledge.
There are the common ways to remove it (e.g. Malware Bytes, ComboFix, and uninstall through the Control Panel > Programs and Features). There is also the option to uninstall and reinstall the Google Chrome browser. For those who desire to keep using a specific version of Google Chrome because of needs related to newer versions of Chrome not supporting Adobe Flash Player version 12 media (Articulate Studio ’13 used for eLearning and Instructional Design has a known incompatibility conflict with Flash player versions above version 12), Microsoft Silverlight, or NPAPI and conflicts with Widevine (Netflix uses Widevine plugins supported by Chrome) there is a way to remove Price Minus without having to uninstall Chrome and hunt for an older version you need to continue using.
If Price Minus is still present in Google Chrome but not in the other browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox) after using the common removal methods, the files need to be removed manually from the computer.
In Google Chrome go to chrome://extensions
1. indicate and enable developer mode. Price Minus will show the following additional information beneath its listing.
3. Delete the folder with the “ecndappneidglgieaohomcndjafdgjil” value. the value may be different from the specific one mentioned here, but it should match what Google Chrome lists.
For Google Chrome browsers
4. Go to
5. Delete the folder with the ID value. The ID value may be different on the PC than the one mentioned above.
6. Exit Chrome and relaunch.
7. Recheck the chrome://extensions to verify the Price Minus extension has been removed.
Go to C:\ProgramData
Find and delete the folder with the ID value.